Simple plugin to improve auto bed leveling, adding some conditions in order to minimize the number of ABLs triggered.
How it works?
The plugin reads
G29* from *.gcode and check the bed mesh
- If mesh is updated,
M429 S1is sent in order to load bed mesh from memory.
- If mesh is outdated or doesn’t exist,
M500are sent in order to generate a new mesh and save it to eeprom, respectively.
*: By default, the same ABL command read from your file is sent to the printer.
Credits to Oscar for the idea.
By default, SmartABL does not change the behaviour of the auto bed leveling. User must change default values in settings:
- Ignore gcode read from files and send a custom gcode instead. Default: disabled (G29).
Force bed leveling
#days. Default: disabled (1).
#prints. Default: disabled (5).
- If current print bed temperature is different from last print. Default: disabled.
- If current print hotend temperature is different from last print. Default: disabled.
- Take into account failed prints in the counter. Default: disabled (only successful prints increase the counter).
ABL Restricted: Normal behaviour, the plugin chooses when to trigger ABL based on your settings.
ABL Always: Ignore settings; the plugin always trigger ABL. Handy when you need to force-update your mesh.
You find this plugin helpful and want to support me?