Displays the current processing layer and the percentage in "Printer-Display" and in top "NavBar"
A OctoPrint-Plugin that sends the current progress of a print via M117 command to the printer-display and also to the top navigation bar. A new feature is the “Desktop Printer-Display”, which shows all M117 messages in a Desktop PopUp.
It shows the percentage, the current layer, total layer count, current height and total height:
- Printer Display: 50% L=60/120 H=23mm/47mm
- NavBar: Layer: 60 / 120 Height: 23mm of 47mm
Output pattern is adjustable!
- The layer information works only when the slicer adds “layer-indicator” to the g-code (CURA-Example as comments like
;LAYER:10). Then these indicators are parsed via a regular-expression.
- Currently supported slicers: CURA, Simplify3D, KISSlicer. You can add your own layer-expressions in Plugin-Settings. If you want to use “slic3r”, see Enhancement #8
- Sometimes there is a “Post Processing script” that deletes all comments (e.g. see Issue #33)
- You need to upload your G-Code after installation of the plugin again (if you want to reuse already stored models in OctoPrint), because while uploading the G-Code is modfied
- The total height “calculation” can be done in two ways: 1)the max Z-Value in the G-Code, 2) max Z-Value with extrusion in this height
- The height/layer information is sometimes not matching with G-Code Viewer, because the viewer did a lot of “magic” (e.g. add extrusion diameter to height)
For implementation details please visit the homepage.